Monday 20 June 2016

#MusicMonday 8



Hello again! It's been a few weeks but I've decided to rekindle the old #MusicMonday posts and share with you some of the songs that have been on my radar this week. You can read my last #MusicMonday post HERE.

1. Clean Bandit featuring Louisa - 'Tears'

Ever since I saw Clean Bandit and Louisa perform this song live at Summertime Ball, it's all I've heard on the radio. It's grown on me a lot and it's a perfect song for Louisa, who I feel was shafted a bit by her X Factor winner's single. The song is already doing well in the charts and I have no doubt it will continue to do so over the next few months.



2. Reggie 'N' Bollie - 'New Girl'

X Factor runners up Reggie 'N' Bollie released 'New Girl' a few weeks ago, but I've only now got round to hearing it properly. IT'S SO CATCHY!!! Granted, they're not the best singers in the world, but they have an infectious energy and are such uplifting individuals that you can't help but smile when you see them. 'New Girl' is a summer bop that makes you want to dance your heart out.



3. The Neales - 'I'll Be There'

The Neales were contestants on last year's Britain's Got Talent and reached the finals. The father and sons team have released this song for Father's Day in aid of British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK and it charted at number 22. They're a charming bunch and it's endearing to see a family with a close bond, doing something they love together. (My inclusion of this song has nothing to do with the grey suits or my love for the beautiful Phil Neale...)



4. Shawn Mendes - 'Treat You Better'

Shawn's back with a new single, which he released a few weeks ago. The Canadian singer knows how to deliver a pop hit, and 'Treat You Better' is no different. I'm adding him onto my list of people that I need to see live, he's really great!



5. Tom Odell - 'Magnetised'

I have never particularly considered myself a fan of Tom Odell. Off the top of my head, I can't even think back to what songs he's most known for. My main memory of him is that his debut album was called Long Way Down, and they used to have a poster for it in Angel tube station, above a very very very long escalator which I found hilarious lol. Anyhow, recently I first heard 'Magnetised' on the radio and it hooked me instantly - ever since then, it gets played on a regular basis and I keep falling in love with it even more.



What are you listening to this week? Hit me up with some recommendations!

Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment