Monday 23 May 2016

#MusicMonday 7

It's Monday once again (don't they come around incredibly quickly?!) and therefore time for me to share the songs I've been listening to this week. Click here for last week's #MusicMonday.

1. DNCE - Toothbrush




From their SWAAY  EP, 'Toothbrush' is the next single from your new favourite band. The best part for me is when Joe sings 'I just, I just can't let you go' - there;s something about his voice at that point that makes me go all weak and I'm not even sorry about it.

This week, they released the music video for 'Toothbrush' and I must applaud them for their choice of female lead. Joe's love interest is played by plus size model Ashley Graham. Well, she's only a size 16 but that's deemed as "plus size" apparently. She is BEAUTIFUL, as is every woman whether they've been in a music video or not, but it's so refreshing to see a band say 'eff you' to the norm by choosing a slightly curvier female lead for their music video. Being plus size myself, it's nice to see ourselves being represented positively (albeit my figure is potato-shaped compared to Ashley). I'm so excited to see DNCE live again in August and who knows, maybe I'll finally get to meet the teenage LOML.

2. Everyll - Blah Blah Blah




I was introduced to Everyll last week, who's just released her debut single 'Blah Blah Blah'. She has been making a name for herself on YouTube with her feisty pop/rap infused covers and now she's showcased her talents on her own single. 'Blah Blah Blah' is a catchy, sassy pop song and the video is hilarious. It replicates the TV talent show set up that everyone is familiar with.

3. Sigma X Take That - Cry



Sigma have teamed up with my ultimate man band Take That for the powerful track 'Cry'. I wasn't sure how a collaboration between the two would work but I think it's perfect. The chorus is anthemic and I can't wait to hear it in Hyde Park in July. Both acts are renowned for their successful songs so I have no doubt that they've got another hit on their hands. 'Cry' is indeed a contender for song of the summer.

4. Lawson - Where My Love Goes



To mark the pre-order of their new album Perspective, Lawson have released a new song called 'Where My Love Goes'. Once again, the four-piece band have delivered another bit of catchy pop however the video is the real talking point on this occasion. Lead singer Andy Brown actually proposes to his real life girlfriend Joey in the video! When I heard about a proposal, I thought it was just a video storyline, I didn't realise it was a genuine thing! It's really cute though, congratulations Andy!


5. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)


Finally, my last song for this week is Adele's latest offering 'Send My Love (To Your New Lover). This song is SO unusual for Adele, and looking back at the singles from 25 so far, you can hear a pleasant difference in her material. Still iconic, but generally appeals more to my taste. This song reminds me of M.I.A's 'Paper Planes' (it took me forever to find what song it sounded like haha). The video is due soon with Adele supposedly dancing in it - can't wait!



What have you been listening to recently?
Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment