Monday 16 May 2016

#MusicMonday 6

Hey, hello, hiiii. Another Monday means another music post! Half of the songs this week are brand new, and the other half are ones you might be fairly familiar with! As usual, you can recap on last week's post here. Just thought I'd also let you know that there will be a few more posts coming soon, something a bit different. Also, it's gig time again on the weekend! Read on to find out who I'm going to see...

1. Joe and Jake - You're Not Alone

Joe and Jake represented the UK at the Eurovision Song Contest over the weekend. Yes, we were near the bottom of the leaderboard as usual but we actually received far more points than what we have done in recent years (including 12 points from Malta - we love you!) and the song was a great one. I think they should be proud of themselves as they certainly did the country proud - they deserved far more than what they got. Fun fact for you, this song was actually co-written by Siva Kaneswaran from The Wanted but the band never used it on any of their albums! (They would have sounded great on this track too.)

2. Birdy - Wild Horses


This song is EVERYWHERE at the moment. I've heard it numerous times on my local radio station, on the telly etc and it's really grown on me. I've never been a Birdy fan but I adore this song.

3. MKTO - Superstitious

My favourite American duo are back with a new single, and it's most definitely one of their best! 'Superstitious' was released on Friday 13 and is full of clever lyrics as well as Tony's incredible vocals and Malcolm's crazy raps. I really hope this song cuts them the break they deserve, as they're the epitome of underrated. Also, I want them to come back to the UK as it's been nearly two years since I first/last saw them (and I've yet to witness them performing live which is a travesty).

4. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go


OneRepublic are back with a new single called 'Wherever I Go'. True to their style, it's an epic sounding track and is sure to be a hit over the next few months. If you need someone to add to your 'I need to see them live' bucketlist, these are your guys. I saw them at Jingle Bell Ball in 2014 and they completely blew me away - Ryan Tedder is unreal.

5. Nick Jonas - Chainsaw

In the lead up to his new album release, Nick Jonas has been dropping tracks for those who've pre-ordered Last Year Was Complicated. His latest offering is 'Chainsaw', which he describes as his 'most personal song yet'. The maturity in Nick's music is evident and he's poured his heart and soul into this single. It just makes me even more excited for the release of his album - every song so far is incredible.

6. Charlie Puth - My Gospel 

I've included an extra song this week, in honour of Charlie Puth who I'm going to see on Sunday. I HAVEN'T BEEN TO A GIG IN AGES, I'M SO EXCITED! It's also my first time seeing Charlie live AND I'm going to be meeting him - too much to deal with! I love his music and his album Nine Track Mind is really underrated. One of my favourite tracks from the album is 'My Gospel' which I've shared with you. I hope he sings it on Sunday, and I'll be writing a post about the gig once I'm home.


Have a great week!
Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment