Monday 9 May 2016

#MusicMonday 5

Hello again! So it's that time of week again, where I share what I've been listening to over the past few days. (I swear Mondays come around quicker for me since I started doing #MusicMondays, which is both a good and bad thing aha). If you missed last week's collaboration filled #MusicMonday, check it out here.

1. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling

J-Timberlake is baaaaaack! (cue excited screams). It feels like SO LONG since he last released anything, but he's back with a top tune called 'Can't Stop The Feeling', which appears on the soundtrack to the new Dreamworks animation, Trolls. Justin voices the character of Branch in the movie, and he is joined by fellow voice contributors in the video, including James Corden, Anna Kendrick and Gwen Stefani. It's such an infectious song - it's got 'big hit' written aaaall over it.



2. James Morrison - I Need You Tonight

Like the granny that I am, (my approaching quarter life crisis is real), one night last week I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up randomly to see a repeat of Michael McIntyre's new comedy show. James Morrison was the guest performer and he sang 'I Need You Tonight', which I've never heard before, however, I instantly loved it! I'd forgotten how good his music is, and subsequently this song has been a big hit on my playlist this week.


3. Nicky Byrne - Sunlight

On Friday, my local radio station was interviewing former Westlife star Nicky Byrne, who will be representing Ireland at this year's Eurovision Song Contest. After working on his solo material since the band split, he has finally unveiled his debut single (and Ireland's song choice for this year). Nicky's chosen a potentially enormous platform providing that people take to the song! I didn't really know what to expect from him, as he wasn't a prominent singer in the band but I was pleasantly surprised! It's an upbeat offering, with no key change in sight, and with a loyal following behind him, I'm sure he will be very successful at this year's contest.


4. Busted - Coming Home

If a reunion tour featuring ALL THREE MEMBERS (yes, even Charlie!!) wasn't enough to excite, Busted have just released their first single in over 12 years. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing, and I'm so excited about them reforming - but new material is just the cherry on the cake! 'Coming Home' is so different to their old material, which is a great thing tbh. Whilst I adore their classic tracks, it would be odd if their new material was a carbon copy of their songs from over a decade ago! There is a maturity in this track as well as an anthemic feel - this song is going to sound incredible live. Welcome back Busted. I'm so excited to see them at Fusion Festival later this year!

5. Fifth Harmony - Write On Me

I'm notorious for being a boyband girl. I always have been and I always will be, however, where girlbands are concerned, I very much like Fifth Harmony. Their singles are always SO. CATCHY. but I've yet to tackle their album material until now. The girls recently released 'Write On Me' as a pre-order from their second album 7/27 and I really like it! It's so different to 'Worth It' and 'Work From Home', but it's nice (as a sideline fan) to see another side to them. It's definitely made me want to download their album once it's released.



See you next week!
Hwyl am y tro ✌️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment