Monday 11 April 2016

#MusicMonday



Evening all! So recently (and in the past), I've done a couple of 'what I'm listening to atm' posts. The majority of my posts are normally gig related but seeing as I'm not actually going to any gigs until the end of May (KILL.ME.NOW), I thought I would try and start a weekly thing, sharing some of the songs that I'm currently jamming to!

I'm going to try and include a mixture of originals and covers - it goes without saying that you're likely to see some of my faves pop up from time to time too haha. So here goes! Here's five songs that I'm listening to this week, check them out if you haven't already.

1. Sigala featuring John Newman and Nile Rodgers - Give Me Your Love

As a huge John Newman fan, I was so hyped to find out that he would be featuring on Sigala's new single! The pair have also teamed up with the legendary Nile Rodgers which must have been an incredible experience for them! The song is set to be a massive summer hit and I can't wait to hear it live at Fusion Festival in September. It's a really feel good track and just makes you want to get up and dance.




2. Nick Jonas - Champagne Problems

This is the second song made available from Nick's new album Last Year Was Complicated. I'm already loving Nick's new mature sound and I can't wait for the rest of the album. (Please do a proper tour in the UK!!!!!)



3. Conor Maynard - Close (cover)

Conor Maynard is one of my favourite ever people to see live. He has this incredible energy about him and it doesn't matter how long you've gone without listening to his music, you never forget his catchiest hits. He's also the king of covers and his latest is a version of Nick Jonas' 'Close' with a bit of Years and Years mixed in too. It's one of my favourite songs at the moment and I'm so in love with this cover!



4. Joe Conaboy - Follow Me (cover)

I've been a fan of Joe for over three years now, ever since his Kingsland days (forever missing those). Since becoming a solo artist, he's been very far removed from the boyband sound that I know and love but he's still smashing it with his music. His latest cover is of Bring Me The Horizon's 'Follow You', which I'm not familiar with, however, I actually really enjoyed it.



5. David Mark Bulley - Hello (cover)

Finally, I had to include my little fave David who's blown me away with this Adele cover. Now to me, anyone who covers Adele must be crazy or stupid (or both) as she is so iconic and very rarely does anyone do her songs any justice. However, I think David's done an incredible job - his cover (which is even more stunning live) gives me goosebumps and his voice suits the song so much.


Hello (Adele Cover)
There's such a difference between us... ❤️
Posted by David Mark Bulley on Friday, 8 April 2016



What are you listening to at the moment? Leave a comment below :)

Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment