Monday 28 March 2016

Top of the Bops



I always love listening to music but at the moment I've been hooked on a number of songs. I thought I would share what's been blessing my ears recently!

1) Zara Larsson - Lush Life

Zara Larsson is such hot property at the moment. Between her songs with MNEK and Tinie Tempah, and her solo single 'Lush Life', she is absolutely storming the charts. 'Lush Life' is super catchy and just makes you want to bop around. It's hard to believe that she's only 18 - she has the world at her fingertips right now. You go girl!



2) Years and Years featuring Tove Lo - Desire

'Desire' is a song from Years and Years' debut album Communion. It was actually released before their breakthrough hit 'King', and reached number 22 on the UK Singles Chart in 2014. They've recently re-released the song, which now features Tove Lo and it's set to light up the charts once again. I'll be honest, I'd never heard the song until recently, but the chorus stuck in my head instantly.



3) Lawson - Money

'Money' is the latest track by four-piece band Lawson. Honestly, they are SO underrated and it's really unfair. They're so talented and I wish more people would realise that. 'Money' is one of my favourite ever singles of theirs - you just want to sing along to it from the get-go!




4) John Newman - All My Heart

I've had 'All My Heart' on repeat for months now, and there's no sign of it dying down in my affections any time soon! It's my favourite song from John's second album Revolve and I adore it even more after hearing it live. I'm not sure why I'm so attached to this song but it just captured me from the moment I first heard it. I love all of the different beats, and John's voice is superb as per.




5) DNCE - SWAAY EP

I got the chance to see DNCE live recently and they blew my mind. I was already a big fan of them and their amazing EP, but I definitely have an even bigger appreciation for them after seeing them live. Their four-track EP has been out a while, but the lead single 'Cake By The Ocean' has only just started to impact on the UK charts. Whilst I am obsessed with that song, the other EP tracks are just as good. It's so difficult to pick a favourite - 'Pay My Rent', 'Toothbrush', and 'Jinx' are all perfect in their own way.




6) Zayn - Mind of Mine

Probably one of the most hotly anticipated album releases in a long time, Zayn's debut album didn't disappoint. A far cry from his One Direction days, Mind of Mine is full of slick tracks and Zayn should be so proud of what he's achieved. My favourite tracks so far are 'sHe', 'wRoNg', 'fOoL fOr YoU', 'lUcOzAdE', 'TiO' and 'LIKE I WOULD'.




7) Elle King - Ex's and Oh's

I know nothing about Elle King - I purely discovered this song with the help of Shazam as it kept getting played on our local radio. It's such a good song though, I look forward to listening to more of her music in the future!




8) Jay Sean featuring Sean Paul - Make My Love Go

My main memory of Jay Sean is his monster hit 'Down' in 2009 which was everyone's jam. He's been quiet for a while but now he's back with another brilliant hit, 'Make My Love Go' featuring Sean Paul. His music is always so feel-good, I really hope this means he'll be sticking around for the foreseeable future!




9) Sia - Cheap Thrills

My love for Sia has grown ever since she took part in James Corden's Carpool Karaoke. I've been a fan of her music in recent years but it was the Carpool video that made me pay attention to just how flawless her voice is. I was stunned to read that both Rihanna and Icona Pop turned down this song, but it's okay because Sia gets to keep this fab party track for herself.




10) Nick Jonas ft Tove Lo - Close

'Close' was released a few days ago as the first single from Nick Jonas' new album Last Year Was Complicated and wow, I've fallen in love with it! His and Tove Lo's voices gel so nicely together, and the video for it is so perfect. It's clear to see how much Nick has matured in his music over the years, and this track just makes me even more excited for his new album!



What are you listening to at the moment? Let me know!

Hwyl am y tro ✌️






No comments:

Post a Comment